monit-dev

Re: depend take 2

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: depend take 2
Date: 20 Dec 2002 20:47:52 +0100

Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:

> >  IMHO I think the new code works better since it
> > actually traverse the dependency graph and restart entries when they
> > should be restarted.
>
> I'm not sure what this means.

If you remember the depend matrix gif I sent in a previous mail this
code tries to travers (isn't it called that in english?) or follow a
depend path in the matrix and mark elements as they are visited and
started/stopped in real time. In the old code all processes was not
started in real time (the same cycle) but waited for the next monit
cycle to pick them up for start.

On the other hand since I misunderstod how the depend worked in the
old code I'm not 100% certain.

Anyway I see now that the new code also suffers from in what order the
entries are written in the monitrc file, but I'm fixing this now to
order the processlist in a depending order. Keep the old code and
maybe we can revert back (if it works as you said with the
modifications you mentioned) but include the loop check and the new
depend order functions I'm adding now.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland