Problem with intermittent network failure and connection test

From: Jonathan Trott
Subject: Problem with intermittent network failure and connection test
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:05:03 +1000

I have a problem with the monit connection tests. I'd love to see the syntax of the connection test incorporate some sort of cycle testing. I have a site testing a remote connection to a hosted web server. We are getting lots of connection down emails followed 1 minute later (that's the cycle length) by a connection passed message. If we could configure monit to only alert if the connection had been down for 2 cycles, that would eliminate most of the emails that are being generated at the moment. I've searched the mailing list archives and read the manual and the FAQ and there doesn't appear to be a mechanism for achieving this in the current version of monit (4.3).
Thanks,
JT