Re: monit & log rotation

From: Nick Upson
Subject: Re: monit & log rotation
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:02:23 +0100

Are there any docs about what else has changed in this version from 4.9?

On 25/07/07, Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> wrote:

On 25. jul. 2007, at 17.40, Nick Upson wrote:

> Thanks, so if I always do a reload after the logrotate I can avoid
> the bug?

No, if you do a monit reload you will encounter the bug. The
confusing bit here is that calling monit reload is the correct thing
to do after a logrotate, but will provoke the bug. Update to the CVS
version or quit and restart monit after logrotate.