Re: [monit] Monit daemon broken

From: Brian Downey
Subject: Re: [monit] Monit daemon broken
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 05:36:45 -0800

Hi Martin!

Here's what we get when running `monit -Iv`

'ql1lwbtdb1' Monit started
Monit instance changed notification is sent to address@hidden
AssertException: systeminfo.mem_kbyte_max > 0 at process.c:200
IOT/Abort trap(coredump)

That's it!

We're running the same binary on identical AIX boxes (with different sizes memory, etc) however none of those are experiencing this problem. As I mentioned, it started fairly recently / randomly.