monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone-viz

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone-viz
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:10:34 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:15:49 +0100, Ludovic Brenta
<address@hidden> said:

ludovic> Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:
ludovic> > I've just uploaded the package for monotone-viz 1.0.1-1,
ludovic>
ludovic> Where?  I'd like to upload it.

Uhmmm?  On mentors, as usual...

ludovic> > and am currently looking into the New Maintainer process.
ludovic> > It seems I need an advocate for that function, Ludovic, are
ludovic> > you willing to be my advocate?
ludovic>
ludovic> Yes but I need to be convinced that you meet the criteria set
ludovic> forth at http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step1.  Where
ludovic> do you stand currently?

Point by point:

- Done: I have read and agree with the Debian Philosophy.
- Not done: You have not established my identity as far as I know.
- Having fiddled a bit with Debian packaging, I think I've gained
  enough experience to be able to battle :-).  Of course, it's up to
  you to judge.
- I have read the developers documentation and often go back to it
  when I wonder about something.
- Please define "enough free time"...  I usually find some.
- Having an advocate is to be determined, based on what you decide.

Thanks for pointing at that page, it wasn't obvious where to find it.

ludovic> Also, what do you expect from being an official Debian
ludovic> Maintainer, as opposed to the current situation where I
ludovic> sponsor your two packages?

Actually, I have no idea what to expect exactly.  May I remind you of
the exchange where you encourage me and Zack to apply?  See
attachment.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone-viz Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:35:01 +0100 User-agent: Gnus/5.110006 (No Gnus v0.6) Emacs/21.4 (gnu/linux)
Zack Weinberg writes:

> On Jan 29, 2008 3:47 PM, Richard Levitte <address@hidden> wrote:
>> ludovic> > I'm just a lowly maintainer, so I would indeed need a sponsor.
>> Loïc
>> ludovic> > Minier is already sponsor for the main monotone package, so if the
>> ludovic> > sponsor for monotone-viz becomes you or Loïc, well I guess that's
>> up
>> ludovic> > to you...
>
> Maybe you and I should apply for Debian Maintainer status for
> monotone and/or monotone-viz.  I have never used or even looked at
> monotone-viz, but I would be willing to be a mostly-silent partner
> there.

I encourage you both to apply.  The process is long, mostly due to
application managers being volunteers with little free time.  In the
mean time, I will happily sponsor the packages.

I keep monotone-viz open all the time :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.