Re: [Monotone-devel] Error: std::runtime_error: host www.off.net not fou

From: Marco Maggesi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Error: std::runtime_error: host www.off.net not found
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:16:11 +0200

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 10:40:18AM +0200, Marco Maggesi wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 01:22:55PM -0400, graydon hoare wrote:
> > can you try building from source, perhaps?
>
> Ok, I will try.

I just finished to compile monotone.  It seems to work nicely: now I
am able to import from external databases!

Now I am trying to reach a kind of "fixpoint": compile monotone from
the sources checked out with monotone itself.

I started by checking out version 9ddc4.  But when I try to run
autoconf I get:

  autoreconf-2.57: automake failed with exit status: 1

Is this due to the fact that I checked out an instable version?

Can you suggest a version of monotone that should be stable enough?

Moreover I have an error using 'monotone log' (with both versions of
monotone, that is, the binary from the web page and the version
complied from the sources available from the web page):

  *** Error: std::logic_error: database.cc:556: invariant
      'I(delta_exists(ident, delta_table))' violated

  **** error return code 205

Thanks, again

  -- Marco