Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone log outside of work directory...

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone log outside of work directory...
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 21:05:35 -0600

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
... is it supposed to work the way it does?  Right now, if I stand in

I think this is logged as bug 8535 on savannah.

Now, I'm thinking that as long as you provide the correct database and
branch, monotone should give a log for that branch, just as if it
stood in a work directory associated with that branch.

You need to deal with the case when the branch is not merged but otherwise this
seems fine.

Does anyone mind if I implement such a behavior?

I certainly don't mind, for whatever that's worth. ;)

BTW, you're doing a great job of picking out and fixing some of the bugs that I've logged and I really appreciate it - thanks!

As far as log goes, I've got some other changes in one of my working trees as
well:

- listing branch certs
- listing ancestor certs as last item for each version (which flows nicely into the next version's entry).

I'd  like to see log do some more things as well:

- log specific number of versions (like say --last 5 or something) as I find myself doing log | head -100 *all* the time. - log in either direction (default to --last but allow for --next as well) so you can get an idea of what's coming - log selected versions (i.e. allow ID to be a selector and log only the selected versions by branch, author, date, etc.)

With the ability to log selected versions I think ls certs becomes redundant.

I'd be happy to do some of these things as well if people are ok with them.
Derek