Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Few remarks

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Few remarks
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:49:07 -0700

Jérôme Marant wrote:
This solution implies that you are absolutely sure the parent
directory where you will find the MT directory is the one you
are looking for. As far as I know, you can run "monotone add"
everywhere in the tree and this automatically creates a MT
directory.

The code on the net.venge.monotone.restrictions branch does allow for operations within subdirectories of a working copy. You're right about the problem of when to stop searching up the tree, at the moment it's not very particular and any higher level MT directory will do.

This code also changes the behaviour of the add command, and several others so that they do not create MT directories. You must explicitly ask for a new MT directory to be created before add et. al. will be able to add files to a new working copy. A new command (setup dir) is used to do this.

Unfortunately the restrictions work was done before (or around the same time as) the changesets work and has not yet been integrated. I have started to look at doing the merge but it looks a little messy so it may take a bit.

Cheers,
Derek