Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: invariant 'I(!null_id(id))' violated

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: invariant 'I(!null_id(id))' violated
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:40:43 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
Oh, umm, yeah, I haven't tried it, but your log does say that
MT/revision was missing, and I can't imagine how update would work in
such a situation.  So it sounds like the bug is that we should notice

it can't, I think this is a situation where you must commit your new working copy before any updates might be possible. (see below)

I'm not sure why we even default to allowing an empty revision file...
these days, with 'setup', we can perfectly well say that if you have
MT/ but no MT/revision, then the working copy is just corrupt.

I don't think so... 'monotone setup dir' creates a *new* working copy, not based on a revision from the database and doesn't create MT/revision. trying to update this doesn't make much sense as you point out. perhaps update should just say up to date at ... since the working copy isn't really associated with any line of development yet?

Cheers,
Derek