[Monotone-devel] Re: Executable for Windows NT and 2000

From: Jon Bright
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Executable for Windows NT and 2000
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:30:33 +0100

Hi,

Henry Nestler wrote:

Oh, sorry!
Was not me, a friend says me only, and I trusted him blindly. :-(

I check this quick on my PC: It works on Windows NT 4.0!

It should work down to 95 with IE4, but I've only tested XP.

On this PC, I see that the passphrase was always visable on command prompt? Under Linux I never see my password on screen.

This is an as-yet unresolved problem with the Windows version.

C:\TEMP\src>..\monotone --db=..\test.db address@hidden
de commit --branch="local.test"
monotone: beginning commit
monotone: manifest 462e9f493fe55e41c980176e1a297db2864433a7
monotone: revision e1bd40eb403b4f463cc451c987621166e956fa72
monotone: branch local.test
Der Befehl ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Bitte überprüfen Sie die Schreibweise und die Umgebungsvariable 'PATH'.
monotone: misuse: edit of log message failed

I guess I should get the Windows version to search for Wordpad by default. Notepad isn't particularly good, since it uses CR+LF by default. Without EDITOR being set, the Windows version currently won't usually find anything...

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.