Re: [Monotone-devel] Tracking an "vendor branch"

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Tracking an "vendor branch"
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:07:37 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:12:20 -0500, "Matthew A.
Nicholson" <address@hidden> said:

mnicholson> > Hmm, I'd normally suggest replacing the working copy with the 3.1
mnicholson> > source tree, then doing
mnicholson> >   $ monotone ls unknown | xargs monotone add
mnicholson> >   $ monotone ls missing | xargs monotone drop
mnicholson> This of course still won't track renames, but such is
mnicholson> life.

Hmm, it could be done with an exhaustive compare of dropped and added
files, but that would require them not to be edited at the same

See for details.

                                                -- C.S. Lewis