Re: [Monotone-devel] One person in many places

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] One person in many places
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:01:27 -0700

On 7/25/05, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> wrote:
> sjackman> Can I use the same keyid both at work and at home?
>
> If it's the exact same key, yes (you can export a key pair with
> 'monotone pubkey' and 'monotone privkey' and read in the result into
> another database with 'monotone read').

That explains the bug I just submitted to the mailing list only
moments ago. I imported the private key using 'monotone privkey', but
not the public key. Once I imported the public key, everything was
fine. May I suggest that 'monotone privkey' export both the private
key *and* the public key by default. Or, if you want to leave the
semantics of privkey as is, create a new command, perhaps 'monotone
key', that exports both the public key and the private key.

Cheers,
Shaun