Re: [Monotone-devel] ViewMTN 0.04

From: Conrad Steenberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ViewMTN 0.04
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:05:40 -0700

Hi Grahame

First of all, thanks for writing viewmtn, I've been using it for a while
and it really helps me visualize what's going on in out monotone
tree :-)

Using version 0.04 gives me a little trouble though: getting the heads
of the branch (called default) with $TOP/branch.psp?branch=default
makes the browser seem to sit around and wait for input.

Looking at the process list, I see the 'monotone automate stdio' command
hanging around. Logging the datastream written to monotone's stdin in
this case is
l5:heads7:defaulte

Executing the same monotone automate command on the command-line taking
the above line from stdin yields
0:0:m:41:db17dfac20003f691ee31031e44c676c1928e24f
0:0:l:0:

with no problems.

Viewing a list of tags(tags.psp), or branches (index.psp), or even
getting revision info (revision.psp) also works fine :-(

This is with monotone 0.22 compiled from the source rpm on venge.net, on
a Scientific Linux 3.03/x86 machine (2.4 kernel, glibc-2.3, gcc-3.2.3)
which hasn't given any other compatibility troubles so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Conrad