[Monotone-devel] Re: Certificates for files

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Certificates for files
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:17:44 +0100

Daniel Vogelheim <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Hmm, could someone clarify for me: Does monotone already allow
> certificates for file contents/blobs?

No.  It used to, but they've gone.

> The manual only seems to mention certs for revisions, so I was under
> the impression that it doesn't. Hence my suggestion to certify
> subtrees by creating pseudo-revisions and certifing those.

I'm suggesting (and so is Nathaniel) that you create revision certs,
and include whatever data you want in them (which would presumably
include filenames).

monotone won't help you (much) in finding those certs by filename, but
it will help in finding them by revision, and I'm guessing that that
would do, most of the time: you want to release some revision, so you
go through all the certs of that revision performing some kind of
checks.