Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Bug in CRLF conversions

From: Larry Hastings
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Bug in CRLF conversions
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:29:29 -0800

Bruce Stephens wrote:
(I'm also not convinced by your python example: python is well known
for using layout as syntax, so there's no contradiction in saying that
a line break is "just a layout indicator", and that it indicates the
end of a statement.)

Just so.  I just tested with Python under Windows and Linux, and it doesn't care what kind of EOL characters it gets.  I terminated lines with each of the four possible endings (CR, LF, CRLF, LFCR) and Python understood each of them to mean EOL.

Cheers,

larry