Re: [Monotone-devel] ideas to speed up monotone SQLite database access

From: Joe Wilson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ideas to speed up monotone SQLite database access
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:45:16 -0800 (PST)

A ^C handler could be created to flush the contents to disk.
As for crashes, c'est la vie. ;-)

Even if this idea is not pursued, getting timings using a ":memory:"
db would give you a theoretical "ideal" database time. The remaining
time would be mostly attributed to monotone code itself and netsync
latency.

On another topic, I did not view the Monotone code to see how coarse
the transactions are. The more database writes grouped together in
the same transaction, the better the speed. SQLite can run ten times
faster with large transactions instead of single insert/update
operations: http://www.sqlite.org/speed.html