[Monotone-devel] mtn fails on WinXP

From: Ingo Maindorfer
Subject: [Monotone-devel] mtn fails on WinXP
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:03:30 +0200

Hi there,

on my laptop, mtn wouldn't pull net.venge.monotone.

There is no firewall or virus scanner running.
The db-file is freshly created.
The same command worked well on my other computer which is in the same
network.
The laptop is a Dell Latitude with Intel Core Duo and XP SP2. I played
back some system-images, but even with the delivery image from Dell mtn
won't work.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude with Intel Core Duo, so I tested the
following with no result:

Turn of the second CPU-Core
Turn of SpeedStep
Turn of Firewire
Booting in safe-mode with network

Thanks for your help & Best regards,

Ingo

Here's my log:

started up on Windows NT/2000/XP (5.1, build 2600) on ia32 (level 6, rev
3592)
command line: 'mtn', '--db=d:\mtn_db\test.db', 'pull', 'venge.net',
'net.venge.monotone', '--debug', '--dump', 'd:\dump.txt'
set locale: LC_ALL=German_Germany.1252
initial abs path is: D:/test
converting 3 bytes from ASCII to UTF-8
converting 22 bytes from ASCII to UTF-8
converting 4 bytes from ASCII to UTF-8
converting 9 bytes from ASCII to UTF-8
converting 18 bytes from ASCII to UTF-8
converting 7 bytes from ASCII to UTF-8
converting 6 bytes from ASCII to UTF-8
converting 11 bytes from ASCII to UTF-8
initializing from directory D:/test
searching for '_MTN' directory with root '/'
search for '_MTN' ended at 'D:/test' with '' removed
working root is 'D:/test'
initial relative path is ''
options path is _MTN/options
skipping nonexistent rcfile 'C:/Dokumente und
Einstellungen/pcadmin/Anwendungsdaten/monotone/monotonerc'
skipping nonexistent rcfile '_MTN/monotonerc'
executing command 'pull'
branch name is 'de.fhg.ipm.test'
executing SQL 'SELECT sql FROM sqlite_master WHERE (type = 'table' OR
type = 'index') AND sql IS NOT NULL AND name not like 'sqlite_stat%'
ORDER BY name'
result: 0 (not an error)
prepared statement SELECT 1 FROM revisions LIMIT 1
binding 0 parameters for SELECT 1 FROM revisions LIMIT 1
prepared statement SELECT 1 FROM manifests LIMIT 1
binding 0 parameters for SELECT 1 FROM manifests LIMIT 1
prepared statement SELECT domain, name, value FROM db_vars
binding 0 parameters for SELECT domain, name, value FROM db_vars
checked_globish_to_regex: input = 'net.venge.monotone'
checked_globish_to_regex: output = 'net\.venge\.monotone'
binding 0 parameters for SELECT domain, name, value FROM db_vars
binding 0 parameters for SELECT domain, name, value FROM db_vars
doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
prepared statement BEGIN EXCLUSIVE
binding 0 parameters for BEGIN EXCLUSIVE
connecting to venge.net
checked_globish_to_regex: input = 'net.venge.monotone'
checked_globish_to_regex: output = 'net\.venge\.monotone'
checked_globish_to_regex: input = ''
checked_globish_to_regex: output = '$.^'
prepared statement SELECT parent,child FROM revision_ancestry
binding 0 parameters for SELECT parent,child FROM revision_ancestry
read 223 bytes from fd 1852 (peer venge.net)
prepared statement ROLLBACK
binding 0 parameters for ROLLBACK
statement cache statistics
prepared 6 statements
1 executions of BEGIN EXCLUSIVE
1 executions of ROLLBACK
1 executions of SELECT 1 FROM manifests LIMIT 1
1 executions of SELECT 1 FROM revisions LIMIT 1
3 executions of SELECT domain, name, value FROM db_vars
1 executions of SELECT parent,child FROM revision_ancestry

mtn --full-vversio
monotone 0.26 (base revision: unknown)
Running on          : Windows NT/2000/XP (5.1, build 2600) on ia32
(level 6, rev 3592)
C++ compiler        : GNU C++ version 3.4.5 (mingw special)
C++ standard library: GNU libstdc++ version 20051201
Boost version       : 1_33_1
Changes since base revision:
unknown