Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn pull venge.net fail on windows

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn pull venge.net fail on windows
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 23:02:14 +1200

Ingo Maindorfer <ingo <at> liquidcooling.de> writes:
> on my laptop, mtn wouldn't pull net.venge.monotone.
>
> There is no firewall or virus scanner running.
> The db-file is freshly created.
> The same command worked well on my other computer which is in the same
> network.

Is the other computer also running Windows XP SP2?

We haven't had any other reports of problems like this.  I've tried
reproducing this behaviour (with the exact same command-line options) on a
couple of different XP SP2 systems without any luck... pull works just fine
for me.  The command-line options you're passing look fine.

> search for '_MTN' ended at 'D:/test' with '' removed
> working root is 'D:/test'
> initial relative path is ''
> options path is _MTN/options

What is in D:/test/_MTN/options?

> connecting to venge.net
> checked_globish_to_regex: input = 'net.venge.monotone'
> checked_globish_to_regex: output = 'net\.venge\.monotone'
> checked_globish_to_regex: input = ''
> checked_globish_to_regex: output = '$.^'
> prepared statement SELECT parent,child FROM revision_ancestry
> binding 0 parameters for SELECT parent,child FROM revision_ancestry
> read 223 bytes from fd 1852 (peer venge.net)
> prepared statement ROLLBACK

This is strange... there's no error being logged, and we go from reading
data from the network to being in transaction rollback state.  Is there
anything logged to the console (stdout/stderr) after the line 'connecting to
venge.net'?  Can you paste the output of an attempting pull without
'--debug' and '--dump=...' specified?

Cheers,
-mjg
--