Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems with _MTN/tmp

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems with _MTN/tmp
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 00:50:32 -0700

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 09:01:00AM +0200, Johan Bolmsjö wrote:
> Just realized that one can use "mtn annotate" for this case. A bit slow but
> it
> works. Took 15s to annotate one of my files.

Yeah, that one's a well known issue, it's on the list.  (Problem is
right now we have no way to quickly track a single-file history, so we
have to track the entire history and then pick out the versions where
the file was touched.)

> Other wishlist features not related to CC.
>
> - Expansion of uniqe but incomplete specified commands like gdb does. For
> example:
[...]
> Would be nice if one could write "mtn ls b" to list branches and "mtn ls t"
> list tags and so on. These are not dangerous commands. I don't thinks "mtn
> propagate" should have fuzzy matching :-) I'll be quiet now :-)

Hmm, this actually is implemented for top-level commands (try "mtn
pro" sometime ;-)), but second-level commands are implemented as a bit
of a hack, and don't have that special support.  Could you file a bug
report on this in savannah?  I doubt anyone will look at it soon, so
it'd be helpful to have something to remind us later.

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen