Re: [Monotone-devel] examples directory

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] examples directory
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:53:59 -0600

On 6/19/06, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> wrote:
In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:04:41 +0200 (CEST), Richard
Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> said:

richard> Oh, for the love of (/&#%ยค(/&%/)I(!!!!  Forgot to add the files to
richard> EXTRA_DIST in Makefile.am.  OK, correcting.

Speaking of that, does anyone know why the files in contrib/ are being
specified exactly instead of using $(wildcard $(srcdir)/contrib/*),
just as is done with the debian/ files, the examples/ files (from now
on) and so on?

Cheers,
Richard

For automake files, I have a general preference for specifying
distribution files explicitly. Also, $(wildcard *) is a GNU make
extension, I believe, although I'm not sure that's much of a practical
concern.

Cheers,
Shaun