[Monotone-devel] Question for Tim - testsuite.lua giant list

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Question for Tim - testsuite.lua giant list
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:26:56 -0700

Is the giant list of test cases in testsuite.lua there because there's
no readdir() equivalent in Lua's standard library, or is there some
better reason?

If it's the former, does anyone object to my snarfing Steve Kemp's
lua-fs extension[1] into our local copy of the interpreter, and using
that to get rid of the giant list?  (Note I can see this being useful
for hooks too - it has other useful things like stat, chmod, mkdir -
which is why I suggest grabbing the whole thing rather than just the
readdir implementation.)

zw

[1] http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/lua-fs/  It's LGPLed.