Re: [Monotone-devel] Project Management

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Project Management
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:41:20 +0200

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 23:26 wrote Thomas Keller:
> [...]
> should help giving these people a top view of the project's status, like
> what features are planned for which version, what is currently been
> worked on, and how things are planned to be incorporated into the code,
> all this. This would also give interested people a good view on where
> the project is heading in the future.

Well, by no means I am trying to push something, but the use of an integrated
wiki/bugtracker/sourcecode browser might help a bit here.

With Trac for example, you can declare milestones, i.e. planned future
releases and assign them to bug reports or feature requests, thus giving
people an idea of what the next and what future steps will be. Additionally,
treating almost everything as wiki text and providing links to wikipages,
tickets as well as revisions aids in providing a good overview of a project's
status.

- Thomas

--
Let's say the docs present a simplified view of reality...    :-)
             -- Larry Wall in  <address@hidden>