Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:07:33 +0200

Lapo Luchini schrieb:
>>> file_id 03cfd743661f07975fa2f1220c5194cbaff48451
>>> is ::ext::address@hidden:/usr/local/cvsroot's  module/subdir/A 1.17.0.5
>>>  and .../A 1.18
>>>  and .../B 1.2
> But file attributes are revision-specific, they aren't on the fild_id,
> are they?
> (attributes as in "mtn attr get/set/drop")

Ah. I see. I misunderstood file attribute as attribute to a file_id
(file certificate).

The main reason for me to use a special file format is to have the
information in one place (which also applies to attributes) and to base
some logic upon whether this file was changed since the last revision.

Yeah file attributes appeal to me, too (on second thought) (but that
does not solve the "push can't change this information" problem).

Do file attributes scale well enough? (since they are part of the
revision information, I would need three per file ...)

I wrote a command to retrieve the whole sync information per revision.
And I also had svn on my mind when I designed that feature.

My feeling is that I follow my chosen way further and see where I get
to. Changing the storage form is not that difficult.
  Christof