Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace migration improvements - no more database

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace migration improvements - no more database
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 11:14:55 +0200

Nathaniel Smith schrieb:
> So maybe what we need is a better
> articulation of what this tri-state helps with?

Side note: I also need a file_id tristate for cvssync (in
.mtn-sync-cvs). Perhaps even more people have a need for invalid/fake ids.

[The meaning in cvssync is: The ID of the synced file is unknown but
known to be different to the current state (in other words the content
is known to have changed since the last sync).]

My last desperate plan was to either use x'00...00' or (changed ID xor
x'ff...ff') or sha1sum(some_loveletter_to_my_wife)

   Christof