Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace migration improvements - no more database

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace migration improvements - no more database
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 11:59:33 +0200

Daniel Carosone schrieb:
> You need to know this, but do you actually need to store this
> explicitly?  If you set an attr in revision N at sync time to the cvs
> id, and then in a child revision M there's a local commit that changes
> content, you can see this from the rosters of M and N where there are
> different contents for the same node and attr value.  Note that those
> revisions will be marked, too.

If I understand this correctly you have to traverse the revision tree to
find revision N (which is the last synced revision for this file) for
each file separately.

I am not per se against using attributes as the preferred storage method
for sync information, I just see no way to get this done efficiently.

  Christof