Re: [Monotone-devel] Error handling via automate

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Error handling via automate
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:08:07 +1000

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 02:45:28AM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 12:34:56PM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> > Would an 'automate' locale/translation, with machine-friendly messages
> > like this, be unreasonable?
>
> Aside from being insane, I think it isn't possible

Oh well, then I guess we have to make the messages in the code be the
machine-friendly error code ones, and move the current default english
messages out to translations like the others.  Pity, I thought this
might be a way to avoid that :)

This means a lot of churn for translators now, but might eventually
mean they get a similar benefit of stability as far as a fixed
reference for each message.

--
Dan.