[Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Using monotone in a team

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Using monotone in a team
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:03:44 -0000

Brian May wrote:
>    Boris> Question: There is no way (and I assume no need) to set
>    Boris> write-permissions per user? I don't see anything in the
>    Boris> documentation that I can use pattern and allow in
>    Boris> write-permissions, too?
> I would assume you would need to do this, for each user, by overriding
> the get_revision_cert_trust hook.
> If multiple users have different projects with different policies,
> this could get awkward.

That would be already a helpful statement. It would mean that the only
configuration which is supported out of the box is setting read-permissions
per branch and user and setting write-permissions per user?

>From what I see in the configuration read- and write-permissions are set by
hook functions. So it should be easy to change them. However I wonder what's
the design rational that read-permissions can be defined more flexibly than

And I still wonder how approvals fit into the big picture. What I understand
so far is that 'mtn approve' adds a branch="<branchname>" certificate to a
revision. But how and where is it used?