Re: [Monotone-devel] multiple (3+) ancestors

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] multiple (3+) ancestors
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:28:14 -0600

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:20 -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On 2/9/07, Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > Graydon is mistaken.  revision_t::check_sane() [...]
> >
> > That's not a limitation of monotone, just our current code. There's no
> > real reason not to remove that limitation...
>
> ... I don't see a good reason *to* remove that limitation, though.  I
> call YAGNI.

I think its certainly possible that it'd be useful for whatever trust
scheme we come up with to be able to directly record any n-parent merges
that were needed instead of having to split them up. Of course, whether
it's convenient enough to go to all that trouble would be a different
question, that even more has to wait until we actually know what we're
doing...

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net