[Monotone-devel] Re: Old Feature Revisited?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Old Feature Revisited?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:02:29 +0000

Ulf Ochsenfahrt <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> A friend of mine accidently created a new branch and synced it to my
> server, where he has write access. The result is not good.
>
> The previous discussion hasn't brought up a solution, but how about
> this: - a server does not accept branch certificates for branches
> for which the client does not have write access

That would involve netsync throwing away potentially useful
information.  I think the intention is that netsync ought to take the
certs (as it does), and then you choose to accept them or not later
(using get_revision_cert_trust).

I don't think that's ideal (I don't think anyone things the existing
hooks are ideal), but in outline I think it's the right way to
approach things.