[Monotone-devel] SoC application deadline today

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] SoC application deadline today
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 04:11:20 -0700

So, if we're going to do SoC this year, we need to get our
organization application in today.  I can do this, but I need help
with three things.

One, and most importantly, http://venge.net/mtn-wiki/SummerOfCode2007
has been greatly expanded.  Sorry, it's kind of long, but... I would
really appreciate if people could look it over :-).  *Especially* the
"Questions for applicants" section.

Two, the organization application thingummy will want a list of Google
account ids of people who have volunteered to be mentors.  This
doesn't actually matter too much in the long run -- we can add you as
a mentor later if you don't reply now.  _But_, we do want to list at
least some people here, so that it's clear when they're looking at
organization apps that we actually have a strong community with people
around.  So, if you see this in time and are one of the people
interested in mentoring, please send the list or me or something the
email address that you use for your Google account.  (If you have a
gmail address, you can use that, but you don't need to have a gmail
account to have a google account.)

Three, students will be able to begin applying as of the 14th, i.e.,
Wednesday.  So if you want to get any ideas down on the list of
potential projects, that's pretty much the deadline for making changes
to it.  This is especially important if anyone (Jack/Matt?) wants to
get interesting Botan/Ajisai related stuff down there, or Monoclipse
stuff -- we would need some concrete ideas described in language
students can understand, by then.

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen