Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.34 release

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.34 release
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:19:34 +0200

On 01/04/2007, at 15:02, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

Release notes:

        Internal

        - Date and time display has now been reimplemented internally
          to avoid Boost more.  This means that we have lowered our
          dependency from Boost 1.33.0 to 1.32.0.

I haven't been following for a while but... does this mean that Monotone wants to move away from Boost?

Have you thought about using "bcp" to bundle the necessary libraries into Monotone's tarball, just as done with other components? (Dunno how well it works, though, nor how bigger the tarball could get.) After all, most of Boost libraries are completely header-based, so bundling them should not be a problem with respect to packaging systems that want to avoid bundled software.

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>