Re: [Monotone-devel] xmtn: Emacs integration via DVC

From: Christian Ohler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] xmtn: Emacs integration via DVC
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:56:51 +0200

Thomas Moschny, 2007-04-12:

On Tuesday 03 April 2007, Christian Ohler wrote:

Pressing C-x V = will bring up the tree diff buffer.  (What monotone
calls a "workspace" is called a "tree" in DVC.)  This buffer shows the
list of all modified files in the tree as well as the diffs for those
files.  Use j to jump back and forth between the name of a file in the
list and the diffs for that file.  Use RET with point inside a diff
hunk to go to the corresponding file at the corresponding position.

Using the j key works fine. However, the highlighting suggests that jumping to the hunk currently under the mouse would be possible using mouse-2, but pressing the middle button over the (highlighted) file name gives me a "diff-beginning-of-hunk: Can't find the beginning of the hunk" message.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this.  My mouse only has buttons 1 and 3.

More seriously, you're clicking on one of the highlighted (blue for me) filenames near the top of the buffer, and Emacs gives you that error? Or are you clicking on a filename in a diff header? (Are they getting highlighted on your system? Not on mine...) Does the same thing happen when you move point onto that filename and hit RET? Could you post a backtrace of that error, please? (M-x toggle-debug-on-error)

(The dvc-dev mailing list may be more appropriate for this. )