Re: [Monotone-devel] basic_io inventory (was xmtn: Emacs integration via

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] basic_io inventory (was xmtn: Emacs integration via DVC)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:05:20 +0200

Derek Scherger schrieb:
> A couple of questions come to mind though. Would you like the *current*
> content hash, the *original* content hash from the parent roster, or
> both? Also, what would be good for missing files, where the current
> content hash is unavailable?

I probably only need the current ones, as I match missing items with
unknown ones in the current workspace. But for the sake of completeness
we just could add the original ones as well.

For missing files I'd vote for a dummy hash alá [0000000000...002]

Thomas.

--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz