[Monotone-devel] Comment on practice?

From: Judson Lester
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Comment on practice?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:27:34 -0800

Hey all,

I've got a monotone practice that makes mtn worthwhile even for me when I'm a sole developer (beyond simple versioning).

I have a branch that I use as the basis of software projects.  When I start a new project, I check out the *.*.project-base branch, update a config file, and check it in as a new branch.  So far, this is like having a tarball of a project base.  What makes this worthwhile is the bash script I've written that propagates changes to project-base to every branch that has it as an ancestor (attached).  So far, this works like a dream, but I'm a little worried that perhaps I'm overlooking something that will bite me later.  Comments?

Judson
--
Your subnet is currently 169.254.0.0/16.  You are likely to be eaten by a grue.