Re: [Monotone-devel] speed of "mtn ls branches"

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] speed of "mtn ls branches"
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:00:32 -0500

On Jan 16, 2008 11:17 PM, William Uther
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 17/01/2008, at 2:35 PM, Tony Tung wrote:
> > I just downloaded monotone 0.38, and I found the command "mtn ls
> > branches" to take a lot longer than the previous version I was
> > using (0.35).
>
> That is almost certainly due to the introduction of 'suspend' certs.

While working on something else today I noticed that the suspend-certs
implementation appears to be doing redundant work.  I'm not
remembering exact details, but it looked like: scan through all branch
heads and make a list of non-suspended ones, then check
--ignore-suspend-certs, then if it's not set, do that again.

zw