[Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:30:21 +0200

Hello Jack,

Jack Lloyd wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 01:10:55PM +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:
>> Hm.. you manually added 'botan-config' from /home/lloyd/.. to your PATH,
>> right?
>
> Yes (and edited it slightly so it would produce the right output for
> an in-dir build)

Are you sure this emits proper CFLAGS and LIBS? Is the PATH set
correctly? Have you recreated configure from configure.ac of monotone
before retrying?

>> Not so far, but I'll check the issue.

Sorry, I cannot reproduce this issue. When installing botan to
/usr/botan/include. In that case I get these from the resulting
botan-config:

> # PATH=/usr/local/botan/bin:$PATH botan-config --libs --cflags
> -L/usr/local/botan/lib -lm -lpthread -lrt -lbotan
> -I/usr/local/botan/include

With the same PATH variable set, monotone's configure correctly finds
the installed botan and spits out the following:

> checking for Botan version 1.7.8 or newer... yes
> configure: using botan compile flags: "-I/usr/local/botan/include"
> configure: using botan link flags: "-L/usr/local/botan/lib -lm -lpthread -lrt
> -lbotan"

Checking with ldd (and a proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH) confirms that monotone
got built against the library in /usr/local/botan/libs.

The tests succeed, except for empty_environment, which fails to load the
botan library due to a cleaned up LD_LIBRARY_PATH. We need to adjust
that test to support builds against libraries in non-standard locations.
However, I want to make sure my modifications work on Windozen as well.

I've adjusted the m4 scripts a bit, mostly cosmetics, though. monotone
is not also accepting the upcoming botan 1.7.16 and builds cleanly
against it (mtn rev 3030f61139f208ffd7c91ad13d88d9a376bc6139).

Regards

Markus Wanner