[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone man page

From: Gour
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone man page
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:33:40 +0200

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:01:15 -0400
>>>>>> "Stephen" == <address@hidden> wrote:

Stephen> In your proposal, how does the command line help text get
Stephen> merged into the mtn executable?

That I do not know not being at all familiar with mtn build system
and/or structure.

Stephen> Given the current state of mtn documentation, the right way to
Stephen> have the command line help be the same as the texinfo manual
Stephen> is to have 'mtn manpage' (or another similar command) dump a
Stephen> texinfo fragment for each command, and have monotone.texi
Stephen> include those fragments at the appropriate places.

I can only speak based on the experience with darcs where the whole
manual is part of the source (literate programming) and man page as
well as darcs' help command display the same command reference text
which is otherwise present in the complete user manual under Reference
chapter.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6