Re: [Monotone-devel] Another level of refactoring...

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Another level of refactoring...
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 09:52:59 +0200

Am 05.07.2010 09:05, schrieb Richard Levitte:
> It seems like a lot of functionality gets reimplemented through the
> automate commands, and more gets suggested a little now and then.
>
> I'm wondering, instead of having functionality duplicated, would it be
> a bad idea to simply move all the core implementation to the automate
> interface and then reimplement the user commands in terms of calls to
> the automate interface?

Its certainly a nice idea, but I don't know if it works out so good
everywhere... f.e. structured data should be printed as basic_io for
automate and nicely wrapped for normal user commands. Also, some
functions have to be implemented completely different, like mtn read,
since for automate usage over stdio there is no stdin channel available.

But hey, I don't hold you off - patches / branches accepted :)

Thomas.