Re: [Monotone-devel] key management

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] key management
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 14:40:41 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok. So 'automate get_public_key' should output the packet format, _not_
> basic_io. That is very easy to implement.
>
> 'automate remove_public_key' is an automate version of 'dropkey', but
> only removes public keys from the database. That's also easy to implement.

This is now implemented, in nvm.key_management. Test in
tests/automate_key_manage, renamed from automate_read_packets.

I used the command names 'automate pubkey', 'automate dropkey', to match
the corresponding non-automate commands.

'automate dropkey' drops the private key if present, as non-automate
does. I didn't see any reason to change the behavior.

I wasn't sure where to put 'automate dropkey' and 'automate pubkey' in
monotone.texi; the 'packets' or 'automate' section. They are in
'automate' for now.

--
-- Stephe