Re: [Monotone-devel] usher 0.99 release (name-based virtual hosting for

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] usher 0.99 release (name-based virtual hosting for monotone)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:36:18 -0500

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 11:46:03PM -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> There is an actual release of usher available now. It's tagged as
> usher-0.99 available from
>    mtn://monotone.ca/contrib?net.venge.monotone.usher

This is what I've been waiting for!  But my browser had other ideas ...

> You can also browse the source at
>    http://code.monotone.ca/p/contrib/source/tree/t:usher-0.99/
> and see the documentation at
>
> http://code.monotone.ca/p/contrib/source/file/t:usher-0.99/doc/documentation.html

Whe I enter this URL into my iceweasel browser, it tell me:

You have chosen to open

   * documentation.html

     which is a: HTML Text
     from: http://code.monotone.ca

What should iceweasel do with this file?

    * Open with [ /usr/bin/galeon (default) ]
    * Save File
    * Do this automatically for files like this from now on.

                                 [ X cancel ] [ OK ]

The drop-down menu that suggests using galeon (another browser)
presents me to choose between
   [ /usr/bin/galeon (default) ]
and
   Other...

Is this weird, or what?  Iceweasel not knowing what to do with HTML?
And suggesting handing it over to another browser?

Well, I did download the tarball,

>    http://mtn-host.prjek.net/projects/webhost/files/usher-0.99.tar.gz

and untarred it.  The README file says

The documentation is in doc/documentation.html.

But there is no doc directory to be found in the tarball.

Of course, when in the browser I select 'save file' and tell it where to
put it, it saves it away nicely.  Then iceweasel has no trouble showing
me the contents of the saved file, which appears to be -- what else? --
documentation!

-- hendrik