Re: [Monotone-devel] IANA registration change declined

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] IANA registration change declined
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:32:49 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:25:05 +0100 (CET), Richard
Levitte <address@hidden> said:

richard> In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:19:58 +0100, Thomas
Keller <address@hidden> said:
richard>
richard> me> The IANA registration change ("monotone" -> "mtn") was ultimatively
richard> me> declined, because the previous "owner" of the entry, Tomas Fasth,
could
richard> me> not be reached through any channel either by me nor by IANA. The
IESG
richard> me> was consulted and I got their response forwarded:
richard>
richard> Hmmm, so try to find Tomas Fasth and that might resolve the issue?
richard> I'll give it a shot (he seems to have been resident in Sweden back
richard> then, maybe he still is one of those I found in the phone directory)

I got hold of him today and updated him on the situation.  He didn't
find it reasonable to remain the contact for that IANA entry, and told
me he was going to respond to the request and try to make sure we get
back control over that registration.

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/