Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone suppresses .svn directories.

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone suppresses .svn directories.
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:17:40 -0500

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 09:58:12AM +0000, CooSoft Support wrote:
> Evil make system relying on the .svn dir.

Yeah.  I thought so too.  I gather that, if the .svn is present, is
assumes you're building from scn, but otherwaise, you're building from a
source tarball, which isn't quite just source;  it contains some
files that are build using obsure, hard-to-get tools.  At least, they
think they're not likely to be in everyone's repertoire, perhaps from
platform limitations.

-- hendrik

> Or you can do something like:
>
> mtn add --no-respect-ignore --recursive
>
> if you just want to add all files in a one off operation, your mtn
> config is not changed (normally you would want to ignore the .svn
> dirs).

I hope it still ignores the _MTN diractory!

> mtn is really good at simply dealing with vendor branches, used this
> technique to do a CVS to mtn import.

Exactly.  That's why I want to use monotone for this.  Thanks.

- hendrik