moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] where are the people?

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] where are the people?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:33:13 +0200

Le samedi 13 août 2005 à 12:26 +0200, Kovacs Baldvin a écrit :
> > Unfortunately, mozilla-bonobo relies on libbonoboui which is going to be
> > deprecated soon. That's why there is no so much activity in this
> > project.
>
> Thank you for your quick answer! Could you please give me pointers
> where I could read about why and in favor of what will be libbonoboui
> deprecated?

You can read the archives of the gnome lists, especially
gnome-components-list and may be gnome-devel-list.
It seems there are several reasons for deprecating bonobo, the main one
being that the main gnome developers do not like it anymore. There are
also some technical issues, of course.

I do not know if it will be replaced and when. If something replaces it,
it will most probably be based on d-bus. Currently, I'm working on a
component api for the gnome office suite (abiword, gnumeric,...) but it
does not work yet (and I don't know if it will be accepted by the
mantainers).
--
Jean Bréfort <address@hidden>