mpfrcpp-common

Re: [MPFRCPP] order of initialization of globals

From: Richard
Subject: Re: [MPFRCPP] order of initialization of globals
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 08:06:27 -0600

In article <address@hidden>,
    Alexey Beshenov <address@hidden>  writes:

> > If the initialization of mpfr::Parameters and mpfr::Real::params_ is
> > moved to the start of initialization.cpp and executed first, then the
> > crash is avoided.
>
> Thanks. I can't test on MS Visual Studio, so, please, send me your working
> patch. I'll apply the patch and test it on g++.

You can download Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition for free.  I can send
you the project and solution files I created for MPFRCPP so you can
try out the same thing I've done.

I thought the order of objects was undefined between compilation units
(i.e. source files), but within a compilation unit it was guaranteed
to create objects in the order they appear within the file.