myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Facebook open platform

From: Daniele Turi
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Facebook open platform
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 13:57:12 +0100

Matt Lee wrote:
Not especially. It doesn't allow a user to run their own copy of Facebook, but mearly interact with a centralised, proprietary instance.

There's a great deal of value in allowing people to run their own version of myExperiment behind closed doors that nobody ever knows about, and besides, the social networking part of myExperiment is not especially difficult and is coming along nicely.

I should have been clearer: I meant it is neat how third-parties can plugin into facebook through the facebook API. Something similar could be useful for myExperiment, if a group wishes to open (some of) its doors. Just a thought, not a criticism of the social networking part of myExperiment.

Daniele

--
Dr Daniele Turi
School of Computer Science