myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Facebook open platform

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Facebook open platform
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 14:55:10 +0100

Daniele Turi wrote:

I should have been clearer: I meant it is neat how third-parties can plugin into facebook through the facebook API. Something similar could be useful for myExperiment, if a group wishes to open (some of) its doors. Just a thought, not a criticism of the social networking part of myExperiment.

Oh yes. Completely.

The plan is to offer a stable API to myExperiment, in the spirit of the Flickr API. Unlike the licensing for myExperiment, anyone with an API key would be able to interact with myExperiment from any application.

I call this 'the Excel method' as it's how I envisage myExperiment working with tools like Excel which are unlikely to be released under the GPL anytime soon :)

matt