myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] migrating from Carlin

From: David De Roure
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] migrating from Carlin
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:23:00 +0000

To all of you who have used or are using carlin.myexperiment.org

Yesterday we copied over all the data from Carlin to the myExperiment site that we are currently testing ready to be opened up Monday.  We will continue to keep the two sites synchronised until Monday (12th November).

We plan to discontinue Carlin as a public service from Monday.  If you need to carry on using it after Monday then please contact me (reply to this email) and we will sort out a means of access for you and discuss how best to migrate to using the new site.

Note that we now have a rather more sophisticated data model and, as we map things across, the “old” content isn’t as rich as that created in the new site –if you need any assistance with how your existing content appears the team will be available to help.

Thanks – and thank you very much for being early adopters of myExperiment and for all the feedback you have given us!  You will find it reflected in the new site J

-- Dave