myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Taverna 2 myExperiment Plugin

From: Mannie Tagarira
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Taverna 2 myExperiment Plugin
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:57:07 +0100

Hello everyone,

A new plugin is now available for Taverna 2.1 beta 2 to integrate it with myExperiment (visit http://www.myexperiment.org). This work builds on the Taverna 1.7 plugin, and provides similar functionality. Please note that this plugin is still under active development and your feedback at this stage would help prepare the plugin for the final release. Installation instructions can be found at the end of this email.

At present, the plugin allows you to:
- search and view information about users, groups, and resources on myExperiment,
- browse for workflows using tags,
- log in to your myExperiment user account.

The plugin also allows you to load a workflow from myExperiment into Taverna without having to download it first. Additionally, the plugin is stateful, meaning that it will remember your browse and search history.

We are planning to release this plugin as a standard feature with the Taverna 2.1 release. With this release, we will include a "Starter Pack" which will contain workflows to help get you started if you are new to Taverna. This "Starter Pack" will be available on myExperiment, and will be synchronised within the plugin. We would also like to provide functionality to upload workflows directly onto myExperiment via the plugin. To provide us with feedback, please send your comments to address@hidden

Special thanks go to Sergejs Aleksejevs and Jiten Bhagat for their time and effort towards making this plugin possible.

Regards,
Mannie Tagarira

The plugin can be installed by accessing the "Updates and Plugins" section located in the "Advanced" menu. Click the "Find New Plugins" button and check the "Taverna 2 myExperiment plugin" checkbox. Click "Install", and restart Taverna.