myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Re: MyExperiment and Weave OpenID

From: Marco Roos
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: MyExperiment and Weave OpenID
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:14:01 +0200

NB the type of extensions.weave.openId.custom is string

Marco Roos wrote:
Dear myExperimenters,

Don Cruickshank helped me a while ago with a problem caused by the FireFox Weave plugin. It may be of general interest. Weave uses its own OpenID and fills that in for you when you want to log into myExperiment. The problem is that this may be a different OpenID reference than myExperiment knows about. MyExperiment then gets confused.

This solved it for me:
  1. Type in the url box in firefox:
    about:config
  2. Find the following statement and set it to true (if that is not already the case)
    extensions.weave.openId.enabled
    => true
  3. Modify or add the following statement:
    extensions.weave.openId.custom
    => <your myopenid url> (e.g. http://<yourlogin>.myopenid.com/)
Dmitry, does this solve your problem too?

Cheers,
Marco.