nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] search history

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] search history
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:13:16 +1000

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Chris Allegretta wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 02:28:48PM +1000, Ken Tyler wrote:
> > Waht is the 'new' behavior ?
>
> The new behavior would be what your patch provides.

Search offers up the search for possible editing or search, replace offers
up the blank string, for both nano and pico mode.  Is that the desired
behaviour ?

What about the way pico mode displays last search/replace in [], is that
to go or stay ?

> > Leave it as is, i like having ^\ to go straight to "search for replace".

Ahhh, I understand now, delete keys from the shortcut menus but still have
the deleted keys recognized. For both modes ?

> I really like to see patches before they get committed.  Maybe I'm missing
> something...

You got your own copy (and free steak knives) on the same day as David,
he got his first as he asked for it.

> On another topic, Ken did you have the slower computer that was noticing the
> slowness with the c-file syntax highlighting?

[deleted]

Was me, I re-wrote the regexps in .nanorc to suit the colours I can
differentiate, the mentioned expression went in the process and it is much
faster, a slight pause on each new page but not un-acceptable (to me).

What still is slow is gpm cut and paste.

Ken.